The external of our Scout HQ has been looking in a bit of a sorry state for the last couple of years. However, that all changes today – as the work to replace the cladding on our HQ building has now been completed, and we are more than over the moon with the end result!
A huge THANK YOU to Tommy McNally and his team for their hard work on installing the new cladding material and making our Scout HQ look a lot more neat and tidy on the outside.
With this final phase of work completing, it does bring to a close the External HQ Works project that we started in May 2021. The project saw the following work completed on our HQ:
- Installation of new perimeter fencing.
- Significant groundworks around the HQ, including establishment of hard standing, block paving and flattening ground to enable us to camp at our HQ.
- Re-cladding of our main HQ building to make it look more modern and pleasing to the eye.
- Installation of a new CCTV system.
We’d once again like to say a huge thank you to Veolia for their funding which has enabled this work to take place, and we’d also like to thank IA Contracting for their work earlier in the project with the groundworks and erection of the new perimeter fencing.
Now that the project is complete, we can turn our attention to actually making use of our new outdoor area with our Young People. Now it’s over to our Young People to make this new external area “their own”! Some things that we’re looking to establish with our Young People include:
- Firepit which can be used to socialise as well as cook over
- Creation of a “wild garden” area
- and much more
A final thank you goes out to our wonderful volunteers who worked extremely hard to make this happen, as well as to Elton Parish Council for providing their support on this.