Here you will find a list of our most frequently asked questions, we hope this helps you when joining our group, or answers any new questions that existing members of the group may have.
- What is a Scout Group?
- How much does it cost?
- Where can I buy a uniform online?
- Where can I buy a uniform in person?
- Why do we have to buy Uniform for our child?
- Where do badges go?
- Do Leaders get paid?
- How do I join?
- I’d like to find out more about the group?
Scouting in the UK is organised into Scout Groups within Districts. Districts belong to Scout Counties which report to the Headquarters of the UK Scout Association based at Gilwell Park in London.
1st Ince and Elton is one of 18 Scout Groups in the Mersey Weaver District which is part of the Cheshire Scout County.
A Scout Group is made up of one or more of the following ‘Sections’:
- Beaver Colony (aged 6 to 8 years)
- Cub Scout Pack (aged 8 to 10 ½ years)
- Scout Troop (aged 10 ½ to 14 years)
1st Ince and Elton currently has one of each of the above sections.
Subscription Rates for all sections were ‘harmonised’ in June 2014. After holding the same rate for 4 years, we’ve had to make a small increase from September 2018. The rates as of September 2018 are:
- Beavers – £12 per month via Standing Order
- Cubs – £12 per month via Standing Order
- Scouts – £12 per month via Standing Order
There are several places where you can buy the official uniform, these include:
- Mersey Weaver District Scout Shop – https://shop.mwscouts.org/
- Scout Shops – http://www.scoutshops.com
New and used uniforms often show up on popular online auction site eBay, although we don’t wish to discourage using eBay for uniform purchases, we do advise you to exercise caution on buying off there (e.g. check seller feedback, etc).
We understand that some people prefer to make a purchase in person, more info for this can be found below:
Mersey Weaver District Scout Shop
Oaklands, Vicarage Lane,
Opening Hours: Every Friday 18:30 till 20:30, most Saturday’s 10:00 till 12:00. Other times by arrangement.
Tel: 01928 352121
The Scout Association is a uniformed organisation, everyone wear’s uniforms. Besides, you need somewhere to put all of those badges!
A picture illustrating where badge’s go on relevant section uniforms can be found in the relevant sections microsite, linked to below for your convenience:
- Beavers – http://www.1stinceandelton.org.uk/beavers
- Cubs – http://www.1stinceandelton.org.uk/cubs
- Scouts – http://www.1stinceandelton.org.uk/scouts
Being a leader is not a paid role. Almost all of the adults in Scouting are volunteers, with the exception of a few at the head office who run the organisation as a whole and some central administration and financial roles.
Visit our Join Us page for more information about joining us as a Beaver, Cub, Scout or one of our Adult roles.
Visit our About Us page to find out more about the group.