The Fundraising Team at 1st Ince and Elton Scout Group are very pleased to reveal that, following on from our own fundraising efforts in 2019/2020, we have recently been successful in receiving a grant from the Veolia Environmental Trust to complete refurbishment works to the exterior of our Scout HQ.
The final phase of our HQ refurbishment programme, that we started back in September 2017 focuses on the external aspects of our building and includes the following work:
- Erection of new fencing around the Scout HQ, to improve our security and open options for us to perform outdoor activities and camping closer to home, in a safe environment.
- All new cladding for the exterior of our main HQ building to give it a new lease of life as well as making the building look and feel a friendlier place.
- Associated Groundworks within the new HQ fenced boundary to prepare the area for our ambitious plans for our new safe outdoor area, as well as improving access to our HQ building.
We would like to extend a huge THANK YOU to Elton Parish Council for their support in securing our long-term future at our current site, as well as providing their approval and support for our plans for the external area surrounding our HQ.
A million thanks also go out to the Veolia Environmental Trust for awarding us this grant to allow this project to see the light of day, as well as to our hard-working Fundraising Team who have worked tirelessly over the recent months to get the necessary applications and paperwork filled in to make all of this happen.
Nicole McNally, Chair of our Fundraising Team had the following to say “A massive thanks to the volunteers who continue to give their time and effort to our youngsters and make things like this project happen. It is our intention that this refurbishment improves the local facilities for everyone for generations to come. Thanks also to Veolia for supporting us with our vision.”
Nat Tudor, our Group Chairperson also had the following to say “We are overjoyed to have been awarded the Veolia Grant at 1st Ince & Elton Scouts. This will enhance our Scout Hut exterior and surrounding area into a safe & secure area for our Young People and Leaders to enjoy and thrive. We can welcome our wider community to events and enjoy what will be a fantastic space for all. There are exciting times ahead for our Beavers, Cubs & Scouts! I’d personally like thank our Fundraising Committee for their hard work (well done) and Elton Parish Council for their continued support.”
Now that we have secured the necessary funding to allow the work to take place – we are very excited at the prospect that the work will be starting very soon with our members able to reap the benefits that this project will bring as we start to return to face-to-face scouting in the not-too-distant future.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- The Veolia Environmental Trust is a Registered Charity (1064144) established in 1997 under the Landfill Communities Fund.
- They support a wide range of community and environmental projects throughout England. The money they use for grants is made available through the Fund.
- Veolia has supported this initiative by contributing over £91 million since they were established, which to date has been used to award over 2,547 grants to projects.
- 1st Ince and Elton Scout Group was founded in 1949 and is part of the Mersey Weaver Scout District within the UK Scout County of Cheshire.
- 1st Ince and Elton Scout Group provides Scouting adventures to young people between the ages of 6 and 14 in Elton and surrounding areas (including Ince, Thornton-le-moors and Hapsford) and is a Registered Charity (1025963).