VOLUNTEERS: District OSM Skills Day
12th January 2020 @ 10:00 – 17:00
In early 2019, District rolled out a free Gold+ subscription to all groups in the district for Online Scout Manager.
OSM is a digital platform that reduces the administrative burden of Scouting and allows data about young people to both be collected and stored securely in a fully GDPR compliant way.
If you would like to learn more about Online Scout Manager, join us for a friendly and hands on day (with the experts) learning how to use this powerful tool.
It is important to note the 2020 census will be generated using Online Scout Manager so every group/section will need to ensure they know how to collate this data and understand how to keep youth data up to date.
We are keen that at least one leader from each section plus the GSL/AGSL or Group Administrator attends. There will be four sessions as well as an option for general questions and queries.
To ensure quality tutorials we will break into small groups and rotate round the various topics.
What to bring with you
- Packed lunch
- Tea and Coffee will be provided but in the interests of the environment, bring your own mug.
- (If you have one) it may be useful to bring your; Smart Phone, Tablet and/or Laptop.
- Programme publishing
- Calendar Syncing
- Leader availability
- Events & Payments
- Linking Badges
- Activity database
- Census collection
- Collecting Gift Aid
- Section Size Planning
- Access permissions
- Sharing young people between sections/groups/units
- Sharing young leaders
- Attendance register
- Awarding badges
- Badge stock and Shared badge stock
- Email system (read receipts, templates, special content)
- Paperless Scouting (no more activity information forms)
- Keeping Emergency contact information up to date
- Events (Collecting additional data via Custom fields)
- Events (RSVP & Payments)
- Parent Rota